Liquid Guard® Germany is an effective nano-hybrid solution that provides up to 12 months of protection against molds, bacteria, viruses and microbes on all surfaces. The product is made in Germany and is a winner of the German Innovation Award. Our company, Intech Group Innovations Corp, is the exclusive distributor of Liquid Guard® Germany in the Philippines.
2. What surfaces can the Liquid Guard® Germany range be used on?
Liquid Guard® Germany: Cleaner & Primer, and Antibacterial & Water-Repellant Coating are Step 1 and 2 of a two-part antimicrobial coating application for use on all non-absorbent/hard surfaces such as door knobs, desks, toys, toilet seat and handles, and other frequently touched/used surfaces. Liquid Guard® Germany: For Textile is a one-part antimicrobial treatment for all textiles.
3. What is the Liquid Guard® Germany composition? Quaternary silsesquioxane, polymers, demineralized water, amorphous silica.
4. Does Liquid Guard® Germany provide antiviral efficacy against SARS-CoV-2? (The coronavirus that causes COVID-19 disease)
Yes. Liquid Guard® Germany has been tested for efficacy against SARS-CoV-2 virus. This report adds to existing tests against TGEV Coronavirus and Feline Coronavirus certification. It will also work on other enveloped viruses. It has been tested to kill 100+ of viruses and bacteria that can cause harmful illness.
5. Do you have any certificates to prove the functionality of Liquid Guard® Germany?
Yes, all tests proving effectiveness against various viruses, bacteria and dermatological tests were conducted in leading European laboratories.
6. How does Liquid Guard® Germany remove bacteria and how does it last so long on the surface?
Conventional antimicrobial products contain various solvents that wash off the surface very quickly. Liquid Guard® Germany forms a strong bond with the surface thanks to a layer of nanoparticles that is mechanically stable. Sharp "needles" are created on the surface, which attract the cell membranes of microbes and physically pierce them, destroying them immediately after contact. This means that it continues to provide long term protection against germs versus traditional disinfectants. Thanks to these unique properties, the coating delivers a long term performance.
7. Can I be injured by the sharp surface of the nanoparticles?
The size of the nanoparticles is 150 - 300 nm (nano-meters), for comparison this is approximately 1/ 80,000 of a human hair. So nano "needles" can't hurt you in any way. It has been dermatologically tested with a rating of “excellent.” It is also food safe/food grade.
8. Can I use Liquid Guard® Germany on my hands as an antimicrobial sanitizer? No, it is not designed to disinfect the skin, so it cannot be used in the same way as antibacterial hand wipes. Liquid Guard® Germany is intended only for protecting surfaces and textiles.
9. Is Liquid Guard® Germany dangerous for prolonged skin contact? For example, If I apply Liquid Guard to my phone display?
Liquid Guard® went through dermatological safety testing, the result was a rating of "Excellent". Even prolonged contact does not irritate the skin. However, it is important to follow the application instructions. With Liquid Guard® you can disinfect objects and places that are in daily contact with the skin.
10. What hard /non absorbent surfaces can Liquid Guard® Germany Coating be used on?
Liquid Guard® Germany Coating is compatible with the following surfaces: • Glass • Ceramics • Nobel metals (aluminium, stainless steel, brass, gold) • Plastics made from eg PMMA, ABS, ECTFE, HDPE, LDPE, PA,PC, PMP, PP,PS, PVC, SAN or SI • Varnishes • Printed cardboards and wrapping
11. Is Liquid Guard® Germany Coating incompatible with any surfaces?
Liquid Guard® Germany CANNOT be used on the following surfaces:
• Food items • Water sensitive surfaces, such as paper/paintings
12. Can Liquid Guard® Germany damage any surface? Can I apply Liquid Guard on my mobile phone. For example?
Liquid Guard® Germany is a non-aggressive solution, does not harm compatible materials and can be used on glass, plexiglass, plastic, metal, lacquered wood, textile and leather materials, stone, ceramics and many more. You can also use Liquid Guard® to disinfect your phone, tablet, keyboard, keys and many other everyday items.
13. If I treat floors with Liquid Guard® Germany, won’t it be aggressive towards pets?
Once dry, the surface treated with Liquid Guard® Germany is safe for both humans and animals.
14. Should I use disinfectants to clean the surface before applying Liquid Guard® Germany?
Chemicals such as traditional disinfectants are not required to be used prior to coating. Liquid Guard®’s Cleaner and Primer fulfills that role, no other preparatory cleaners should be used, unless to remove extraordinary contamination e.g. limescale.
15. What preparation should I do prior to coating the surface with Liquid Guard® Germany?
We recommend that the surface be vacuumed, washed, wiped clean and let dry prior to application.
16. How can the Liquid Guard® Germany coating be applied?
All Liquid Guard® Germany products can be applied manually by a simple spray and wipe application.
17. How long does it take to apply Liquid Guard® Germany?
The application time will vary depending on the area to be treated, however, after the Liquid Guard® Germany coating has been applied, the surface will need to cure for 6 hours before it can be used.
18. Do I need to maintain the surface with other chemical antibacterial cleaners after applying Liquid Guard® Germany?
Clean the treated surface with a damp cloth or if necessary, a recommended mild non-abrasive multi-surface cleaner with a pH of 4-9 (e.g. mild detergent) .
19. After how long should I repeat the Liquid Guard® Germany application?
One application lasts for up to 1 year. In cases of extremely heavy use re-application may be more frequent.
20. Is it resistant to salt water?
21. Is dilution with water necessary?
Liquid Guard® Germany is ready to use. Any dilution with water is not recommended.
22. Is Liquid Guard® Germany Cleaner and Primer needed with Liquid Guard® Textile?
23. How do you apply Liquid Guard® Germany: For Textile?
Liquid Guard® Textile comes in a spray bottle, apply the spray as directed in the instructions, leave to air cure for 6 hours before use.
24. What textiles can Liquid Guard® Germany: For Textile be used on?
Liquid Guard® Germany: For Textile can be used on all textiles, including clothing, upholstery, carpets, curtains, face masks etc. However, for non-absorbent surfaces or leather materials (e.g bags, wallets, couches, car seats, etc.), we recommend using the Liquid Guard® Germany: For Hard Surfaces solution.
25. How often should Liquid Guard® Germany: For Textile be re-applied?
Reapply after 12 washes, or in the case of upholstery it should be re-applied every 12 months.
26. What if I accidentally touched the Liquid Guard® Germany coating before it has cured? Liquid Guard® Germany is food safe/food grade and dermatologically tested. However, reapplication may be needed on the surface.
27. Do I need to use a misting apparatus to apply Liquid Guard® Germany?
The bottle is ready to use, apply the spray as directed in the instructions. However, for bigger surfaces (ex. floors or walls) you may also a regular trigger spray with misting function.
28. How can I wash and clean the textile coated with Liquid Guard® Germany: For Textile?
We recommend washing the textile with mild soap and water.
29. Will detergent or bleach wash off the Liquid Guard® Germany: For Textile coating?
Since these are corrosive agents, it will wear off the efficacy of the coating. To ensure efficacy, Clean the treated surface with a damp cloth or if necessary, a recommended mild non-abrasive multi-surface cleaner with a pH of 4-9.
30. What is the expiry date of each Liquid Guard® Germany bottle?
The expiration of each bottle is 3 years after its manufacturing date.
31. Will Liquid Guard® Germany be effective against molds growth?
Once the source of the mold has been addressed. Yes, this is effective against molds..
32. Can I spray Liquid Guard® Germany directly on electronic devices such as mobile phones and laptops?
Since there are sensitive parts in some devices that can’t be exposed to water or solutions, we recommend spraying the coating on the cloth that comes with the box before wiping it to the surface of the device.
33. For non-absorbent surfaces or leather materials such as bags, wallets, couches, car seats, etc.
What is the best Liquid Guard® Germany product to use? We recommend using the Liquid Guard® Germany: For Hard Surfaces solution.
34. Are the products safe if the solutions come into contact with hands or mouth?
Liquid Guard® Germany is food safe/food grade and dermatologically tested. If accidentally ingested, please seek doctor’s advice.
35. Will Liquid Guard® Germany stain or mark my clothes, shoes, bags or household surfaces?
Liquid Guard® Germany is colorless and non-corrosive. If applied as directed, it should not stain, mark clothes or surfaces.
36. Liquid Guard® Germany does not have a strong smell, like alcohol sanitizers. How do I know that it works?
Liquid Guard® Germany is water based and does not emit a strong, distinct smell unlike traditional chemical disinfectants. Liquid Guard® Germany underwent several laboratory tests to prove the solutions’ efficacy in warding off germs and molds.
37. Is there more safety guidelines that we need to do before application?
While this is dermatologically tested, we recommend using gloves while applying Liquid Guard® Germany for added protection. Please refer to the instruction manual for the correct application process.
38. How do I properly maintain the Liquid Guard® Germany bottle after use?
Before storing the bottle in a cool dry place, uncap the spray nozzle from the bottle and place the end of the suction tube in a small container of water. Spray until the excess solution is flushed out of the nozzle stem. This will prevent your nozzle from clogging.